Thursday, January 02, 2014
• Employmentassistance programs
Monday, October 28, 2013
Notice of Intention
The council of the Town of Faro intends to adopt a new Official Community Plan. As required by section 280 of the Municipal Act, this is notice that:
A public hearing will be held on November 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM at the Town of Faro office Council Chamber respecting the adoption of the new Official Community Plan.
A copy of the proposed Official Community Plan can be picked up at the Town of Faro Administration office or you can find a copy on our website: www.faroyukon.ca
A copy of this notice and the proposed official community plan has been given to the Minister of Community Services and the Yukon Municipal Board.
Monday, September 23, 2013
The Kettle Café will now be open every Tuesday from 4:00 – 6:00 pm at the Recreation Centre Concession starting on October 1st.
We will be closed on Tuesday, September 24th due to a DVG School trip to Dawson City that all our staff will be attending – sorry for any inconvenience.
Friday, September 20, 2013
TOWN OF FARO
Student Positions – Recreation Centre & Arena
The Town of Faro is seeking applications for Student positions at the Faro Recreation Centre and Arena. These positions will commence on Tuesday, October 8th and will run until Spring, 2014. These positions are funded through Youth Leadership and Activities Program and the Town of Faro. Please note: Number of positions is dependent on the amount of funding approved.
- Assisting in the promotion, development, and delivery of special events and recreation programs
- Working with other employees and various community to organize special events and activities
- Assisting with the supervision of staff, facility, and its operations
- Performing basic office procedures including filing, answering telephones and using computers (MS Office, Excel, Publisher, etc.)
- Completing light custodial duties as required
- Other related duties as required
- Must be a secondary student, 15 years of age and older
- Knowledge and experience in recreational programming an asset
- Proven leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Candidates must be hardworking, responsible and able to work independently
- Ability to exercise courtesy and tact when dealing with the public
- Standard First Aid and Level C CPR
Wage: $ 11.48
Please submit resumes along with a cover letter by 4:00 pm on Friday, October 4th, 2013 at the Town Office at the following address:
Attn: Tina Freake, Recreation Manager
Town of Faro
Faro, YT Y0B 1K0
Or fax: (867) 994-3041
Questions may be directed to the Recreation Centre at (867) 994-2375
Posted on Friday September 20, 2013
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Notice to Landlords
We would like to remind everyone that as per Town of Faro Water and Sewer Bylaw 92-30, Section 906, the registered owner of the property shall be liable for all charges and fees with respect to that property.
If your tenant sets up W/S/R account and fails to make the payments, it is your responsibility to pay the charges. We are invoicing quarterly and the invoices are not due until the end of the quarter. Outstanding charges are subject to 10% penalty after 60 days from the due date and at that time we send a late payment notice which will be copied to you. By the time you hear from us, there may be 5 months of charges on the account. We therefore encourage the landlords to make sure their tenant is making the payments or to keep the account in their name and collect the fees from the tenant directly.